The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 9 July 2019 – Be Careful!
TOPIC: Be Careful!
READ: Psalms 28:1-9 King James Version (KJV)
- To You I will cry, O Lord my Rock: Do not be silent to me, Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications When I cry to You, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
- Do not take me away with the wicked And with the workers of iniquity, Who speak peace to their neighbors, But evil is in their hearts.
- Give them according to their deeds, And according to the wickedness of their endeavors; Give them according to the work of their hands; Render to them what they deserve.
- Because they do not regard the works of the Lord , Nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them And not build them up.
- Blessed be the Lord , Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.
- The Lord is their strength, And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
- Save Your people, And bless Your inheritance; Shepherd them also, And bear them up forever.
A young lady was approached for marriage. She informed her trusted friend, in an attempt to seek her advice. With numerous reasons, the friend discouraged her from marrying the man. Surprisingly, the same friend went at the back to convince the man to marry her and he did. As the Psalmist observed, wicked people often put on a show of kindness or friendship in order to gain their own desires. Yes, we have friends in need who are also friends indeed. Yet there are wicked ones that often position themselves to destroy one’s life. Prayers are needed in all situations.
Today, the Church is faced with the challenge of fishing out pretenders who entered our Churches, groups, organizations and fellowships as believers but are there defrauding brethren, spoiling youths and introducing contaminants into the system.
Who are you in the midst of the saints? Are you a builder or a destroyer? Is the appearance you put up your true colour? The Lord is the strength of His church. One day your sins will find you out. But if you are a good friend to the family of God, keep on doing your good job. God will richly bless you. If you are not, please repent and sin no more.
PRAYER: Oh Lord, remove every unfruitful work of darkness around me and in me.